The Supply Chain Specialist (SCS) is a member of the Supply Chain Services team and is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain of medicines and health products from requisition to final delivery. The SCS acts as the supply chain expert for a portfolio of assigned countries within a regional team.
- Order Management: processing orders from the countries or Principal Recipients and converting these orders into purchase orders to be placed on international suppliers.
- Exportation and Importation: converting supplier purchase orders into shipments and ensuring all necessary exportation and importation documentation is in place.
- Transportation: arranging pick-up of the orders with selected Logistics Service Providers and overseeing the pick-up, transportation and delivery of shipments at the Principal Recipients' chosen point of delivery, e.g. port of entry, central medical store.
- Customer Service: ensuring the Global Fund and its Principal Recipients are provided excellent customer service with timely updates on orders and shipments.
- Performance Management: executing order management and transportation within agreed-upon lead times to ensure the organisation meets its KPIs with its clients.
- Data Management: ensuring operational and performance data is logged on a timely basis, in full and without errors.
- Quality Management: ensuring goods are ordered and transported as per quality standards and that work is executed as per ISO-certified processes, SOPs and work instructions.
- Continuous Improvement: actively contributing to the organization's commitment to innovation by identifying opportunities for improvement in the supply chain.
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics, management, public health, business or other related area or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in in a procurement and/or Supply Chain and/or logistic role.
- Business fluency in French and fluency in English.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management systems.
- IT-proficient, with experience in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Solution-oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- Dynamic and solution-orientated.
- Can work independently but also as a team player.