The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) is responsible for co-leading the Supply Chain Services (SCS) team within the company's Procurement and Supply Services (PSS) department as well as for the well-functioning of the company's' day-to-day operational process and for overseeing a select group within the team.
- Organize, lead and coach professionals within SCS.
- Oversee the smooth end-to-day process.
- Responsible for team performance
- Ensure continuous alignment of all disciplines engaged in activities, realization of agreed deliverables and initiation of new initiatives that contribute to the agreed indicators
- Ensure the team meets the required standards in terms of data entry and completeness.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder communication.
- Actively contributes to the PSS' performance and reporting cycle.
- Evaluate project deliverables, manage risks and propose corrective measures to the Head of Supply Chain Operations.
- Develop and improve related Standard Operations Procedures and Working Instructions.
- Potential specialization in supplier management, client management, quality management, etc.
- Management of transactions to support the team and/or to stay connected to daily operations.
- Lead and coach the team meet the organization's expectations.
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's mission, vision, guiding principles, and values.
- Re-assessing the strengths and development areas of the team.
- Setting goals for individual development and organizational growth, with the support of Human Resources.
- Effective communication and feedback for the team.
- Central point of contact for day-to-day requests.
- Following up on individual Career Development path.
Project Management and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure new and ad hoc projects are transitioned into the day-to-day operations.
- Work with business analysts, IT specialists and financial specialists to assess the impact of new projects on the operational flow.
- Act as project manager, ensuring deadlines are adhered to with appropriate reporting.
- Play an active role in continuous improvement cycles.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage (multi-cultural) teams.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong sense of customer service.
- Solution-oriented, high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency.
- Resilient and agile with an ability to manage change.
- IT proficient and ability to work with ERP systems.
- Ability to oversee supply chains, especially procurement, order fulfilment and logistics.
- Good project management skills.
- At least 5-8 years of work experience in Procurement and SCM.
- Experience in management or lead functions.
- HBO or an equivalent supply chain education.
- Strong organizational skills multitasking, set priorities.
- Self-driven with a high sense of quality, accuracy, efficiency and meeting tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English is a must. Spanish and French highly valued.
- Excellent communicative and social skills.
- Experience with ERP or procurement/supply chain management software, strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with donor funded projects is considered an advantage.
- Analytical capacity and insight