The Office Administrator is responsible for supporting the management of the Dutch office. The Office Administrator is expected to provide prompt, courteous services to all levels of staff, as well as external relationships. The Office Administrator serves as the primary contact for the daily facility operations and is responsible for escalations, as appropriate. The Office Administrator is expected to be able to switch from complicated to more simple tasks effortlessly providing service with a smile.
Front office support:
- Act as host by greeting and interacting with visitors and staff.
- Answering office phone and route appropriately.
- Maintain logs and files for daily mail deliveries as well as logs for shipments and local couriers, as needed.
- Assist with shipping of mail going out of office to various locations (domestic and international).
- Maintain marketing materials and letterhead inventory and orders as needed, working with Communications.
- Serve as a liaison and primary contact with the local property and building management firm on external building maintenance, HVAC, security, and coordinate all internal building services and organizational property issues.
- Maintain the professional look of the office by managing and maintaining records on office services, vendor services, contract cleaners, building maintenance, and facility repair.
- Maintain kitchen, break areas, coffee machines, work areas, and storage rooms/areas.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment, office supplies, and furniture procurement, layouts, and office systems, working with the appropriate unit.
- Lead emergency preparedness and evacuation for employees and visitors.
- Maintain and annually update the RI & E and the Plan of Approach, working with senior management.
- Report issues concerning copiers, printers, scanners, or other equipment to respective service supplier or point of contact.
- Maintain and coordinate building security by way of troubleshooting security access problems and administering and revoking security keys.
- Assist with on- and off boarding of staff with P&C and conduct Facility Tour.
- Arrange, coordinate and support official staff meetings and social events, including catering and/or location rental as needed and as directed.
- Assist other staff presentations and meeting set up, including catering and/or location rental as needed.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- 3+ years of receptionist or administrative responsibilities in an office setting.
- Strong knowledge of the challenges involved in providing an effective, reliable, and quality-assured service.
- Previous experience working in an international setting, preferred.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Google suite, preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication in Dutch and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally strong sense of customer service.
- Experience successfully managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environment.
Priority Setting, Problem Solving, & Detail Orientation
- Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and implement day-to-day operations in a timely mannerand work in an office with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to approach a problem from different cultural perspectives; and be aware and mindful of cultural differences.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.