The Logistics Specialist is expected to serve as the global logistics expert for a portfolio of assigned countries and utilize logistics expertise for various countries of delivery. The Specialist is responsible for working within the import/export documentation requirements and managing the smooth shipment and delivery of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The specialist is expected to ensure compliance with client requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in in cases of irregularities.
- Ensure timely logistics execution (plan, execute, monitor) of the international transport of goods, including high value & temperature sensitive products, into the specific countries (export, shipping lanes etc.), the importation and clearance, and in-country delivery of goods for all categories of products managed in collaboration with different 3PL partners
- Monitor closely all assigned shipments and proactively mitigate
- Monitor vendor overall performance on a regular basis to ensure necessary export documents are received timely and orders are delivered on time, in full.
- Provide advice or assistance for vendors on documents required for the importation of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies in countries of destination, working with the Sourcing and Client Services Units.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with internal stakeholders, such as Strategic Supply Chain and Client Service Units
- Provide proactive customer service for logistics to principal recipients, client, 3PLs, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Provide regular and timely updates (Order Overviews) to principal recipients and ensure principal recipients are able to track orders using visibility platform and deliver training as necessary.
- Provide training to 3PL partners, as a part of the on boarding process, on importation requirements for portfolio countries and review importation processes and communication expectations in coordination with the 4PL Services Subdivision.
- Handle all shipment-related incidents; log incidents into Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain country-profiles with the most up-to-date information for each of the assigned portfolio countries with key information on country context/requirements knowledge and expertise including in-country supply chain issues regarding storage and/or delivery of goods.
- Work closely with 4PL Services and the client to monitor waiver lead times, and update the matrix as necessary. Additionally, communicate key changes in waiver lead time and/or process in country to Logistics Manager for proper escalation.
- Maintain system-related changes required on planned shipment costs, milestones, and confirmation of delivery in coordination with the 3PLs throughout the shipment management process.
- Maintain and update ERP system at the order and shipment levels, to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Provide inputs into final invoicing documentation and approval process in coordination with 4PL Services and Finance & Accounting Units.
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, transportation, supply chain management, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in supply chain operations, transport, or logistics required.
- Critical operational and complex organizational problem solving experience required.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Fluency in French.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable.
- Experience in the international, public health sector is preferred.
- Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.