The HR team in this company is tasked with one of the company’s most important goals: preserving and driving culture of invention, agility, collaboration, and shared, celebrated success. In this role, you will drive a stellar employee experience across the EMEA region. As part of a high-energy, global collaborative team with a flexible approach to anticipating and addressing our customer’s needs, you will consult with management while acting as an employee champion and change catalyst for both day-to-day and global programs for about 500 of our top talent.
If you thrive in an “all hands-on deck” environment, love solving people’s problems, and can pivot quickly, we want to chat with you!
- Partnering with local managers and the global People team to roll out all key people processes in the region (compensation, benefits, development programs, etc.).
- Being the local point of contact for both managers and employees when it comes to any people-related topic
- Building and improving various local processes, policies, and guidelines related to people
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance; partnering with legal department as needed/required
- Consulting with managers and providing guidance and coaching when appropriate. Partnering with them on employee relation cases to address growth plans and performance issues
- Working with Finance, Accounting, Legal, Procurement, Facilities, and IT on local cross-team projects and policies
- Actively support the integration process of newly acquired companies
- Managing the portfolio of local benefits, making sure we stay competitive on the market, and relevant for the needs of the employees
- Owning the employee onboarding and offboarding process
- Working with external partners on building a corporate socially responsible workforce and culture, based on the Corporate Sustainability program.
- Organizing various internal events ranging from team buildings, parties, open doors initiatives, and many more to keep sustaining our employer brand
- Oversee and manage the local pages for employees in the region on the company intranet
- Working with Workday – responding to questions from employees, processing business requests, ensuring data integrity from a local perspective
- Working with the global Centers of Expertise to ensure global programs are presented to local employees
- Continually innovate and bring forward new actionable ideas to engage the employees and build brand image
- You have an extensive generalist HR experience, preferably in a complex, multinational organization
- You are fluent English and Dutch
- You have a very good understanding of the Dutch labor legislation (knowledge of UK, French/German labor legislation would be an advantage)
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers, employees, and the rest of your People team peers
- You strive for excellence in operations (management of process and programs, champion continuous improvement and drive results)
- You can align analysis and strategy
- High customer orientation & results achievement with strong business acumen
- You have very good attention to details
- You are an advanced MS Office user