The HR Advisor is responsible to promote a positive work environment founded on core values and ethics and in accordance with organizational objectives, principles, and best practices within local environments as well as a global perspective. The Advisor is expected to serve as first point of contact to support staff members in any location and is expected to support staff life cycle processes and administration that contribute to the growth and satisfaction of staff members across the organization and are aligned with organizational objectives. The Advisor works closely with staff and managers to deliver initiatives and support culture, talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, training and development, compensation and payroll, absence management and occupational health, and offboarding.
The Advisor is also responsible for maintaining, developing, and aligning People & Culture systems and processes to meet changing requirements across the company. The HR Advisor is further expected to proactively contribute to continuous improvement efforts within the Unit.
- Contribute to and support global cultural and sustainability initiatives, including Equality, Diversity, & Inclusion activities, working with the Unit and the Culture Club.
- Serve as a resource to staff on policy, process, and employment contract related questions.
- Lead or contribute in the recruitment and hiring of staff; working with the hiring manager, posting vacancies, reviewing resumes, communicating with candidates, scheduling interviews, preparing information packets for interviewing panel members, facilitating interviews, negotiating contracts; proactively communicating with internal and external stakeholders related to the recruiting progress.
- Manage staff life cycle and administration, including timekeeping and payroll, benefits, leaves, and contracts, by maintaining and updating Unit systems to ensure data accuracy and reporting are optimal.
- Lead or contribute to on/off-boarding processes, including orientations and exit interviews, equipment, trainings, documentation, and P&C-managed orientation schedules, working with hiring managers, facilities, and IT; and monitor processes to ensure compliance.
- Lead or coordinate formal performance reviews ensuring timely completion and follow through, working with employing partners, managers, and staff.
- Represent local labor laws and standard business practices for assigned location(s) to support compliance, make recommendations for changes, and manage risks for staff and the organization.
- Provide support and resources on conflict and conflict resolution or other issues that may arise to promote a positive work environment.
- Lead or support Unit tracking and reporting of LOE, FTE, TO, and organizational charts.
- Adhere to established P&C policies and standard operating procedures and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures, and lead or support self-inspections and improvement projects.
- Perform HR duties in a confidential and ethical manner, serving as a role model for staff.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/P&C, business administration, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Business fluency in English and a good level of Dutch.
- 5+ years relevant experience as a HR/P&C Advisor, HR/P&C Generalist other relevant role in people operations. Recruiting experience preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with Dutch or US or other country’s labor law, employment law, and social norms, and systems.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and awareness of the political and ethical issues surrounding human resource/people & culture management on a global stage.
- Dedication to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.
- Experience in international development sector is a plus; this may include experience or interest in Health/Wellness.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, Google Suite, and other IT systems. HRIS system experience is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed