Our client is an international leader in global IT field. They are looking for a self motivated, proactive go getter to work as their Export Desk representative. In this role, you will be responsible for the company’s global logistics services around IT projects and hardware contracts. You will become a pivotal part of a very vibrant and successful international team.
- Supporting the sales teams in finding and facilitating the best solution to move IT hardware globally.
- Managing the shipping process from start to finish.
- Monitoring outgoing and incoming shipments.
- Ensuring that communication, both internally and externally, is timely and accurate throughout all phases of the transport process.
- Striving for continuous improvement of work methods, processes, routes, and communication flows.
- Advising sales teams on available routes, shipping costs, duties & taxes, and custom requirements.
- Preparing import and export documents.
- Organizing global transport: arranging pick-ups, booking international flights.
- Managing the worldwide partners’ network: identifying new contacts for custom clearance procedures, developing and maintaining the relationship with them to get them to join the company’s network.
- Tracking, recording, and updating transport information in CRM system.
- Providing shipment status updates to parties involved.
- Acting on market changes and identifying alternative routes or ad hoc solutions.
- Improving logistics processes and routes.
- Providing reports on export desk-related activities.
- Bachelor (or Master) diploma.
- Experience with import/export/logistics and/or international business is a plus.
- 2 years of work experience as a project manager or similar position.
- You are analytical, detail-oriented, pragmatic and with a great set of organizational skills!
- You like to untangle issues and do not let go until the problem is solved.
- You understand the need for rules and procedures but can also think outside the box.
- You are a real team player! You are driven, proactive, accountable, and cooperative.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both verbally and written.