The ERP Specialist is responsible to provide support to internal and external users to use the ERP system effectively in order to fulfill business objectives. The Specialist will assist the ERP Product Owner with system upgrades, conduct testing, and user-training. The Specialist is expected to evaluate, respond, and troubleshoot ERP application issues in a timely, professional, and concise manner. Through thorough detail-orientation and proactive problem solving the Specialist will bridge business operations and software.
- Provide support to ERP related issues and ensure that all tickets are properly triaged, documented, and prioritized in the ticketing system (Jira).
- Manage, track, and provide solutions to reported issues.
- Assist in analysis of existing business practices and mapping those practices and procedures to the existing functionality within the ERP.
- Assists in the ERP system upgrades.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and providing technical system support.
- Provide backup to ERP Product Owner.
- Act as a liaison with the Strategic Supply Chain, Client Services, and Logistics Units to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
- Lead and/or coordinate team functions and performance as required.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ operational business experience in international trading and/or transportation industries required.
- Experience with an ERP in a wholesale or logistics environment preferred.
- Experience working with operations teams to gather system require
- Familiarity with supply chain management and international logistics is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with customer service experience and an ability to work across disciplines and in diverse locations internationally.
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives and change management activities.
- Affinity for identifying and championing new ideas and process improvements.
Priority Setting, Problem Solving, & Detail Orientation
- Analytical and solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.