The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing interface and integration of internal and external data sources within the data warehouse (DWH) environment. The DE is expected to work with IT team members to help address DWH development and report backlog; and troubleshoot data quality issues. The DE is primarily responsible to support supply chain operations, performance management and analytics, 4PL services, and the finance & accounting teams.
The Data Engineer is also responsible for requirements clarification, supporting user acceptance testing, and release management, in collaboration with IT and other units. It is expected that the DE will manage the queue of issues requiring DWH development support dynamically, including backlog requests, new requests, and bug/service tickets to address data issues or report bugs.
- Address DWH technical development working with supply chain operations, performance management & analytics, 4PL services, and finance & accounting teams.
- Assist and support requirements clarifications, user acceptance testing, and release management in collaboration with other units.
- Manage DWH-related tickets including backlog requests, new requests, and bug/service using the DWH Jira Board.
- Work closely with various business units to automate reporting from PowerBI: including but not limited to performance scorecards, tracking domestic-funded and other transactions under discrete contracts, tracking grant end dates, project close out, delay codes, and document accuracy.
- Enhance data quality monitoring by updating “Data Checks” report, and consolidate tracking of overall data quality to enhance client reporting.
- Create or modify reports to meet financial and performance reporting needs with identified clients.
- Optimizing DWH performance and design, including outlining options to improve resilience.
- Support Product Owners to ensure that key report and DWH designs are sufficiently updated to capture the current state, and centrally stored.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Applied Math, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years’ experience with MS SQL server and SSIS development experience.
- Expert level skills writing and optimizing complex SQL
- Experience with BIML is preferred
- Experience in data warehousing, data marts, and OLAP.
- Experience with ETL processes and data integration for use of required BI tooling required, along with report drafting with SSRS and Power BI.
- Demonstrate efficiency in handling data – tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies.
- Experience with Jira is preferred.
- Knowledge of DataVault
- Experience with Azure is an advantage.
- Experience with regulatory reporting is a strong advantage.
- Experience with international supply chains is preferred.Interpersonal skills/Communication
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service. English fluency required.
- Experience with successfully managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environments and in diverse locations internationally.