We are looking for a hands-on Data Analyst to monitor all financial data and prepare accurate statements for the company. You’ll prepare monthly management accounts and financial reporting and support the Finance Director in budget development and forecasting. You will also support financial decision-making by collecting, analysing, investigating and reporting financial data. The Data Analyst will work closely together with the Financial Accounting team and the different business teams. Key responsibilities are:
- Data preparation for the purposes of financial and non-financial reporting including extraction, cleanse, structuring and validation.
- Preparation of financial and non-financial reports in an accurate and a timely manner, and development of the MI reporting framework.
- Analysis and presentation of reports to business partners including management and the leadership team.
- Ensuring accounting records are complete, accurate and in compliance with accepted accounting principles
- Key role in supporting the Finance Director in all aspects of Financial Planning and Analysis including preparation of department level and consolidated budgets, preparation of the monthly and quarterly re-forecasts, associated analysis and decision support.
- Responsible for the development and preparation of financial and non-financial KPI reporting on a monthly basis
- Key business partner to all department managers.
- Ensuring all Cost of Goods cost elements are accurately set up and reported in the ERP system, including meta data management, cost element computation, cost set control, and exception reporting.
- Ad-hoc items such as year-end reconciliations, audit preparation, helping with internal audits
- Responding to financial inquiries by providing insightful analysis and decision support.
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy, and analysing financial trends and preparing variance analysis.
- Assisting in process improvement and systems enhancement initiatives to improve the quality of financial data across all business systems, and proactively identify new initiatives to drive business performance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- 3-4 years work experience as financial data analyst, management accounting or comparable role
- Proven experience of cost accounting, management information reporting, analysis and preparation of budgets and financial projections.
- Solid knowledge of accounting standards including Dutch GAAP/IFRS reporting.
- Experience and effectiveness in working, reporting and communicating in an international and multicultural environment to Senior Management level.
- In depth ERP systems experience (implementation of financial and/ or production modules desirable)
- Affinity with ERP, General ledger and Business Analytic systems.
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in in Microsoft Office including advanced MS Excel skills (MS Access desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible working attitude able to adapt to changing demands, and be someone who is willing to go the extra mile to contribute to great team work
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive mindset, being able to think in opportunities rather than problems
- Highly collaborative with an ability to liaise with cross-functional team members at all levels Pro-active approach with strong time-management skills, and exceptional attention to detail