The Mini Business Unit (MBU) Team Lead Customer Service is an operational team lead function within Customer Service, leading a team responsible for a specific region / multiple markets.
As a ‘Cooperating foreman’, the MBU Team Lead Customer participates in the daily customer service work like order entry, case management, accounts receivables, task registration and customer contact. Time division for this role is 70% on leadership and 30% operational.
- You will coach and challenge the MBU team to work on constructive measurements, actions, and ideas for improvement. Expanding partner agreements, initiatives for new measurements and in the role of MBU leader you will be held accountable for these activities.
- Monitor and prioritize day-to-day work and responsibilities within the team.
- First point of contact for escalations within your team in cooperation with other MBU leads and the CS Global center of excellence and Head Europe.
- Onboarding of new members of your Team on tools, processes and activities.
- Approve/decline credit limit releases based on the approved process.
- Monitor the orderbooks and make sure they reflect the daily reality and right status, especially related to month end closure.
- Approval on cases-credit notes in line with the company’s line of approval.
- Participate in (case) meetings; discuss and escalate case statuses if needed. Coordinate with Commercial Leads, Regional Heads and Customer Case owner.
- Responsible for the day-to-day capacity of the team. Monitor and deviate priorities within the team and escalate if necessary.
- Registration and approval of absences and holidays.
- Participate in Customer Service/Customer experience related projects.
Customer Service key activities
- Taking care of the daily incoming orders and calls and logging all contact moments in the CRM system.
- Customer complaint handling and an active follow-up on complaints with a problem-solving mindset.
- Primary contact point for customers for product and sales information; liaise with various internal departments on stock and financial issues.
- Actively call customers on overdue invoices and work on a solution for collection.
- Some more generic office tasks will be involved as well.
- Participate or lead improvement activities which will impact the customer and drive efficiency.
Coaching & performance
- Coach on team & individual development of the MBU team members
- Responsible for the Mid-Year and End-Year Performance reviews of the individual MBU team members, in cooperation with the CS Global center of excellence and Head Europe.
- Signal and escalate any negative performance or development issues.
- Advise the CS Global center of excellence and Head Europe on individual or team development/training needs.
- Advise on team bonus estimators to the CS Global center of excellence and Head Europe.
- Be both a Change agent and a CRM Champion, guiding people through change trajectories and processes.
- Work and act daily on KPI’s on key processes as defined in the SLA’s, escalate them, set up new measurements and be accountable for the KPI’s. Define root causes and initiate improvement initiatives.
- Monthly report on advanced agreed KPI’s and analyze performance data. Define areas of improvement and come up with improvement initiatives.
- Participate in monthly performance meetings with the CS Global center of excellence and Head Europe and relevant Commercial Leads/Regional Heads to discuss monthly results, improve collaboration and discuss possible mutual action points.
- Act on ad hoc reporting on request of the Customer Service Global center of excellence and Head Europe.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in customer service and people management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, ERP, CRM)
- Excellent English level (another language would be a plus)
- Product & services knowledge
- Affinity with both Commercial- and Supply chain processes
- Curious & Creative
- Resilient & Adaptable
- Tech & data Savvy
- Customer Centric
- Execution Driven
- Can do mentality
- Receptive to & able to change
- Plan & Prioritize
- Influence & Coach