The Supply Chain Project Specialist (SCPS) is responsible to manage and execute procurement projects to deliver complex products and non-catalog products and services, by serving as the primary point of contact and manage all stakeholders involved with complex and non-catalog procurement requests. The SCPS is responsible to work across internal units to execute procurement strategies for these capital expenditures, emergency response, and surveillance product categories and work under the Procurement Projects Manager, to implement the defined solutions.
- Serve as point of contact in the coordination of complex and non-catalog procurement projects.
- Manage identified projects from planning through to delivery.
- Align and coordinate closely with Client Services Specialists and Logistics Specialists, to coordinate the fulfilment of project-based catalog and out-of-catalog product and service needs for an effective, agile, and responsive procurement and delivery process.
- Collaborate with the Product Technical and Sourcing & Supplier Contracts Units on procurement and sourcing strategies to meet project procurement needs and engagement
- Act as primary point of contact for stakeholders to ensure tasks progress as planned and any issues are addressed timely.
- Support and/or lead the execution of RFX actions in support of procurement activities related to project-based catalog and out-of-catalog requisitions.
- Working closely with the Sourcing & Supplier Contracting and the Supplier Engagement Units, engage with suppliers to ensure timely responsiveness and product and/or service eligibility in support of requisitions.
- Provide regular updates of projects managed both internally and externally to key stakeholders.
- Represent the Project team's objectives in cross-functional conversations and report regularly to the Projects Manager on developments, risks, project statuses, and milestones.
- Proactively share knowledge with Supplier Engagement, Logistics, and Client Services Units.
- Work with peers across functional teams to ensure standards and schedules are understood and adhered to.
- Manage and facilitate the assigned portfolio in full accordance with policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions in collaboration with supporting functional team
- Participate and support the on-boarding & training of new team members and participate in regular refresher training to ensure teams understand the project management process and their subsequent role & responsibility in that process.
- Perform additional duties as necessary to increase team capacity and maintain performance, working with Procurement Projects Manager.
- Bachelor's degree required in Procurement, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or other relevant area.
- 7+ years' experience in a supply chain, procurement, logistics, or other related area
- 3+ years' experience in project management
- Proven track record in procurement and collaboration with national and international suppliers and stakeholders, including government and the donor community.
- Experience in the international, public health sector and procuring or ordering laboratory or medical equipment and supplies, RDTs, or COVID, Viral Load/Early Infant Diagnostics products is preferred.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience in the Health/Pharmaceuticals sector and working in developing countries is a plus.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software. Business process management tools are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with strong sense of customer service. English fluency required with another business language preferred.
- Experience successfully managing external relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environments and in diverse locations internationally, including governments and the donor community.
- Strong negotiation skills and contracting and service-level agreement management experience with
- Ability to prepare and deliver public presentations on project/program management and supply chain management.